Agent for Service of Process in California (916) 480-1225

It is required that you have an Agent for Service of Process in California if you have an LLC or Corporation. An Agent for Service of Process is an individual or a corporation that is designated to accept court papers if a business is sued. This person will also receive paperwork if the corporation or LLC has not failed to file a Statement of Information with the California Secretary of State.

We can be your Agent for Service of Process for $150 per year.


Note: A corporation can not act as its own Agent. For corporations to act as an agent, it must re registered with the California Secretary of State as a 1505 corporation. If using a corporation as your agent, do not fill in the corporation address on any forms.

In order for an individual or corporation to act as your Agent, the agent must meet these requirements:

  1. The individual is over the age of 18. If using another corporation, they must be registered as a 1505 corporation with the state.
  2. They must have a physical address in the state of California (It can not be a PO Box). They must be willing to have this address by public record.
  3. They should be present at the physical address Monday-Friday during normal business hours.
  4. They should be reliable and dependable. If they move, they are required to file a new Statement of Information with their current address. (Note: If the Statement of Information is not due, this can cost $350 + courier fees.)